Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Pillow and Quilt Progress

I am running a bit behind and have just now finished my Halloween pillow. The quilt is ready for basting too. These are both on my Q4 FAL list and the pillow is #2. I hope to have the quilt finished and posted by Halloween.

Here's the finished pillow! Love! The block is a Mummy and is from a tutorial I wrote back in 2012. It's just been sitting an orphan block for three years. Well, no longer! I quilted it with fun glow-in-the-dark thread which, it turns out, is really cool in person but impossible to photograph.

Here it is which the other two Halloween pillows on my couch that I made last year. I love having festive pillow covers and have made some for several holidays and seasons now.

Next up, a blurry picture of my WiP this week. I wanted this done much earlier in the month but have had a fun influx of hat orders for Halloween and am just now getting to it. It has been going really fast and I even have it all put together now.

Here it is hanging out with the backing waiting to be basted. In this house the only hard floors I have are tile. I've found that the grout lines make for wrinkles and creases in the back of my quilt. Thus, I have begun to baste outside. Well, it's raining and has been for a couple of days now. I sure hope it lets up like it is supposed to so I can get this basted and quilting before Halloween! Here's hoping!
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.


2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!