Friday, October 23, 2015

Bags and Hats

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little this week and I'm so glad I did! Stretching myself earned me some amazing finishes and a great sense of accomplishment. One of them also marked something off my Q4 FAL list but first the crown jewel of the week...

Isn't it stunning! This is the Geometric Quilted Tote by Vanessa from V. and Co. The fabric is two ombre prints, also by her, and a solid white. This bag is actually at Market right now and I feel so special that Vanessa asked me to make one for her to show. It was fun to make and I highly recommend the pattern. Isn't it classy?

The inside is also done in ombre and I added a fun pop of color with the zip. I had the hardest time picking a color because they would have all been fun. Also, the leather handles are a dream and were so nice to work with. I had never done leather before so I felt quite intimidated by the task. It turned out to be easier than expected and it really adds to the bag.

Fresh off the victory of the above bag and leather handles I decided to do a leather accent foldover clutch. This was for my Around the World Craft swap and is #5 on my Q4 FAL list. My partner loves Australia and asked for something sewn because she's new at it and can't make things herself. I had so much fun with this and again, while new to me, the leather wasn't as difficult as I assumed it would be.

This was the package I sent off to my partner. It was lighter on extras than I usually do but the two homemade projects were either expensive or time consuming so I hope she doesn't mind. Extras weren't required so it's just a fun bonus anyway.

In other news I've been getting such fun orders from my shop lately! For a while there I just made crab after crab and it was a fun change to get something else. I'm just in love with this Cabbage Patch Kid inspired hat. Isn't it adorable on?! I had one of these in a smaller size for this sweet girl and I may need to make one for her again. You can get one at my shop!

I think adult hat orders are always fun. I try to imagine the fun people who order them and where they'll wear them. The top is a sheep hat and it is so adorable from newborn all the way to adult. The gray and pink variation was a fun change from the usual white. The bottom is a Gingerbread Woman. I so love these! Especially in toddler size. Check out my shop for more pics.

Last but not least I also received an order for a newborn apple hat. This was a fun and fast finish and it is going to be so adorable on this teacher's new baby!
That's all for this week! It's been fun and productive. Definitely getting out of my comfort zone and ruts with things! Next week look for some table runners and hopefully a Halloween Quilt or Pillow. For now I'm linking up with Finish it up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, that bag is gorgeous. Where did you get the leather handles? (Love all the hats too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is absolutely gorgeous! I really like the pop of colour with the zipper and those handles are super classy. It must be so fun to think it's at Market now being admired by a bunch of people! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!