Friday, September 18, 2015

Mini House and Crochet Hat Finishes

I am amazed at what I accomplished this week. I made four crochet hats and finished off my Mini House quilt for a swap. I also nearly finished three Sailor Tops from Fancy Tiger Crafts. I love them all and enjoyed crossing things off my Q3 FAL list and adding new items to my Etsy shop. Let's start with the mini...

I am so happy with how this turned out! This crosses off #5 from my Q3 FAL list. It's so much better than I thought it would be. Some of my low volume background isn't as low volume as other things but I love it anyway. I enjoyed the process with this one even though those houses were not quick.

Check out this adorable print for the back! When I saw it I knew it would be perfect for this swap. I got some for the back not even knowing what the front of the mini would look like.

Here's a peek at the quilting. It was a teaser for my partner. these are 1/4" ish lines and were pretty fast even though I ended up having to do almost one hundred of them.

At the risk of getting into overshare territory here is my favorite block. I love everything about this one.

This tag from yardage by Sweetwater for Moda was pretty perfect for the back of this mini.

Moving onto the hats. !!! I can't believe the cuteness of this Hippo hat! You can find it listed in my shop here.

Here it is off a person. Wouldn't this be adorable paired with a Sandra Boynton book as a present? I'm also really liking these colors for it but it would be adorable in grays or blues too for a boy.

This was a custom order Sleepy Owl hat from my shop. The customer wanted it in all white except the lashes and the beak. My usual beak color looks pretty bold but the gray I had just didn't look right. It was so different from the colorful owls I usually make and a fun change.

This crab hat is by far my most popular hat. I just love it in all the sizes. It's adorable for a baby and just hilarious for an adult. This baby size is a result of an order from my shop.

In an effort to refresh my shop selection I also added this new hat pattern. This Monster hat was so fun to make and I'm sure will make a great addition to my shop.
That's me for the week! Thanks for stopping by! I was hoping to get my tops finished so I delayed my post but it's not happening. Got to save something for next week, right? Until then I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

8 comments:

  1. Those hats are adorable! The new monster hat is fun and I can see little blond curls sticking out from all over!
    Love your houses. I've been thinking of making a house quilt and gathering up house blocks for a while. I suppose it's almost time to get started on that. Oh wait, there are other projects in the front of the line. Always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house quilt is so cute Julie! Your partner is lucky. :-) And those hats are awesome! Another very productive week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house quilt is really great! I love the fabrics you used! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt is darling but those hats!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie! What a fun link up at TGIFF!! That backing fabric couldn't be more perfect for your little houses quilt! LOVE that drafting-look background on your favorite block. I think my favorite is the one in the center on the top row, looking like it's in a snowy woods. Or maybe the bottom right with all the bird tracks. . . Super fun fabrics in these. AND THOSE HATS!!!!! Cute, cute, cute! They had to have been such a blast to make. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to come see them all again from the Q3 linkup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini house quilt is really great ! And I like very much your fabrics choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So productive. The house mini is so lovely - the print on the back is just perfect. Many great finishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!