Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WiP and Finish

I have a knit finish to share today and a few works in progress. I got a Fitbit this week and have been loving the exercise but I've noticed it has been taking time away from my sewing. Not necessarily a bad thing, I was just saying I need more balance. I'm making slow and steady progress and thought it would be fun to share here. Also, my eldest has started to quilt and finished all seven rows for his quilt. Now just to sew them together! Let's start with the finish as it is on my Q3FAL list.
 
I finished my Portland hat. The pattern can be found here. This is #17 on my Q3FAL list. I still think the blue is a little too bright but I like it anyway. It's a fun hat to show off my love for the PNW. It's a bit small but I haven't blocked it yet and that should solve all the problems.

I also sewed the body strips and the ears to the spikes. These spike seemed to take forever as there were so many seams all to be pressed open. Now to sew them to the faces and make the side pieces. I hope to be done with this later in the month as it is my ALYoF goal for August.

This handsome kid started quilting this week. He's doing so well! Spencer is my eldest and nearly ten. We took the tricks we learned for teaching Miya to make her quilt and it's helped so much.

Here he is with his first row. He's using a layer cake of Doe by Carolyn Friedlander and doing simple patchwork. He's done all seven rows and now just has to sew them together. Spencer turns ten on Saturday and thought it would be fun to finish the top by then. We'll see how it goes.

Next up for me - more hedgehogs, helping Spencer, and making this cute owl hat from this yarn pull. You can find the pattern for free at Repeat Crafter Me.
I also finished up my Paris Swap package which I will share on Friday. I had fun making it and hope my partner loves it. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Spencer looks so proud of his row! I love how you are teaching your children to quilt. And Hazel is going to be sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat, a great finish! I'm visiting as part of the 2015 Finish Along official cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!