Friday, May 15, 2015

Bag, pouch, and Mini Top Finishes

I had some fun this week. None of what I made was for me but I love it all and had/will have a hard time parting with each of these things. I finished the top of my mini which was my ALYoF goal for May. I also made a bag for my sister-in-law and finished up a swap package with a cute little zipper pouch.

I had some free time and finished up this adorable mini for my Alison Glass mini swap partner. I used the Sea Breeze Mini pattern and I just love how this turned out. I would love to finish it this month but I am waiting on some fabric which is on back order so it may not happen.

My Sister-in-law has been my best customer lately. She's been ordering gifts for her fellow teacher friends. I've loved making things for her and this bag was no exception. It is a Super Tote. The guidelines I received for this were: red, blue, and longer straps.

I did this adorable print as the lining for the bag. I made the pockets to match too. I skipped the zipper on this one and don't think the bag is any worse for it.

I just love the print on the outside. It's a Japanese print that I found in my LQS and it's stealing my heart. I may have to go back for more because I barely bought enough for this bag. Also the green on the outside is a Dear Stella print and the dots are metallic, love!

To finish off my pincushion swap I added this cute little pouch. It's based on the Open Wide Zippered Pouch tutorial but I had to change the measurements a bit to fit the fabric I had on hand.

Here's what I mailed out to her today. I love the miniature sewing machine that you can barely see. It's so adorable! I hope she loves it and I can't wait to see what my partner came up with for me this time.

That's me for this week. It's so fun to sew for other people sometimes but I'm excited to get back to a little selfish sewing next week. I'm doing the Farm Girl Vintage QAL and I also have some more swoon blocks using Miss Kate to work up. I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Those little mushrooms are too cute. :) Great finishes, it looks like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from TGIFF... you've been busy! Love your Seabreeze mini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty projects! I was thinking of getting the Dear Stella with metallic dots and now see that maybe I will if it's still available! How nice to have a steady customer to appreciate your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swap package! Your partner will be super happy I'm sure! And I love your mini. Great pattern choice and beautiful colours. Another great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I'm more than a little jealous that you've already finished your ALYOF goal for May. I haven't even touched mine yet. Yikes! All those little HSTs look great. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!