Friday, April 24, 2015

Dresses for the Girls

I did something totally uncharacteristic this week. I made two dresses and a skirt for my girls. Clothes people! I rarely sew clothes. I also started on my octopus Sailor Top for me!! So excited! The dresses were a test for the Infinite A-line Dress Pattern by Whisk 'Em.

I was so excited when I finished it that I had her try it on and we ran out the door to take her picture right then. Later we did a proper photo shoot.

This was my first time doing buttons unassisted and I even did this cool thing with the facing. It was a little tricky but I'm so proud of myself with how it turned out.

I love how this fabric from Cotton and Steel has a built in cute hemline! I was pretty perfect for this dress.

Feeling great after the success of the first dress I whipped up a smaller version too!

Ruby is pretty happy with it and so adorable getting her picture taken.

The bodice piece was supposed to be gathered but I couldn't make that happen so on this version. Her big sister has the gathers on hers.

With the fabric I had left over I made this skirt for my eldest too. It just has one seam up the back and an elastic waist. Love!
Here they are all together. They wore these to church on Sunday and I was pretty excited about all the complements I received on their dresses.

I just love this picture of her with her little pose. She's adorable with her curls too.

One more picture of one of my sassy munchkins. Love!

Thanks for stopping by! I know I usually do quilty things here so hopefully you enjoyed this break from quilting projects as much as I did. I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. These are adorable! They look pretty excited to have brand new, matching dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and the girls look really happy :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dresses! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable. The girls look so happy wearing them! Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very brave!! 3D projects like clothes scare me! These are lovely and all those church compliments were well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! How adorable is little Ruby?! Love the dresses!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!