Tuesday, April 7, 2015

ALYoF and Q2FAL Goals

I am so excited about my list of projects for this quarter! I have a tendency to overshoot and I think I may have this time as well with 15 on my list but most of them are pillows and minis so it should go pretty well. Many of these are for swaps or presents. The first project on the list is also my ALYoF goal for April.

#1 - Cotton and Steel Mini Swap quilt I used the Nested Churn Dash pattern. My partner said she was loving Tokyo Trainride so I went with it. I'm loving how this picture is showing off the quilting too. I need to finish by trimming, adding the binding, and the tag. This is my ALYoF goal for April.

#2 - Alison Glass Mini - I'm planning on using the Sea Breeze pattern. To whip up a mini for my partner in the Alison Glass Mini Swap. I'm loving the idea of this one and may need to make one for myself.

#3 Suzi Pouches - I'm making six pouches for my sister-in-law using the Quilted Patchwork Pouch tutorial. I have all the stuff for the pouches but have only made one of the six.

#4 Nana Pillows - My mom asked for pillows from this leftover bunch of Papillon that I used to make her this quilt. I'm excited about this!

#5 Route 15 Pillow - Made to match this quilt. Should be quick, easy, and fun!

#6 Preppy The Whale Mini - I won this kit on an Instagram giveaway and I'm excited to add it to my growing collection of mini quilts.

#7 Riley Blake Challenge - I got the fabric for the MQG challenge and I've been struggling with a plan. I'm thinking something to do with hexies, maybe this tutorial here.

#8 Dottie Mini - This was a total impulse buy at my LQS. I usually don't do that. It should be fun though. I think I'll try the pinwheel one in the middle. Another one for my mini wall.

#9 Primrose Quilt - Ruby is really excited about this quilt and it has been on my list for about a year. I need to just get it done because all she has is her baby quilt from me and she is no longer in a crib. I decided to use the Miss Kate fabric from Bonnie and Camille because it will coordinate well with her baby quilt made from Ruby by Bonnie and Camille.

#10 Scrumptious Baby Quilt - I've had this fabric all cut out and ready to piece for over a year now. It just needs to happen. I'll be using this Pinwheel Baby Quilt tutorial.

#11 Hazel Hedgehog Quilt - My eldest daughter is in love with all kinds of animals and wanted an animal quilt. I'm in love with C+S Basics so the two combined should be pretty epic.

#12 Orange Fancy Fox Quilt - My youngest son adores all things orange and foxes. This quilt is going to be epic for me. I have all the foxes pieced and basted. It just needs to be quilted and bound.

#13 Sailor Top - I've never made myself a shirt before but I saw several people wearing this top at Quiltcon and I thought to tackle it. I have three fabrics for this, all Cotton and Steel, the end intention is to make one out of each of them but for this quarter I'll just make one. Probably the octopus.

#14 Mittens - I'm knitting myself a pair of mittens out of the same yarn as my cable hat from last quarter. I'm using the Cozy Purl Ridge Mitten pattern. I'm really loving these and think they should be a pretty quick finish. I altered the pattern to make them fit me better.

#15 Big Owl - I'm knitting my first animal. The Big Snowy Owl from the Purl Bee. It's pretty giant and is going really fast but I haven't been really motivated to finish it. I'm also worried about how I'll get the stuffing to stay in as it's not incredibly tight.
 So that's about what I hope to accomplish in the next three months. I have a few more swaps I'm signed up for but have no idea what direction I'm going with for them so you'll see other things pop up here as well. I also have my ongoing swoon project but there is no way I'll finish that this quarter. I'm excited for this quarter and for all the near instant gratification projects on my list. I'm linking this up with the Q2FAL post as well as WiP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. I love Hazel the Hedgehog and the Fancy Fox and have thought of making something with those -- though I don't have any recipients in mind. They are so cute. It looks like you have some great projects planned. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list - love the pictures and links. That hexagon tutorial is actually exactly what I need for a quilt I want to make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I cannot believe how good you are already with the knitting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and your minis look great. Love the quilting you went with on the cotton and steel one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun projects....can't believe how creatively different they are. The Nested Churn Dash is my fave though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lots happening, but a great variety. Can't wait to see these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have a long list, but I have no doubt that you will get through it! I can't wait to see your completed projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!