Friday, June 20, 2014

Apple Jack Finish #1

I tried something new and I'm so proud of myself. I tend to let new skills scare me off so I don't even try them. However, I decided I wanted to try spiral quilting and went for it! It's crazy hard to photograph. I tried sun and shade with a little luck on the closeup. This is on my Q2FAL list (found here) Check it out...

So here it is. I used the Jelly Roll Jam pattern from The Fat Quarter Shop. I love how quick and easy this pattern in and it turns out the perfect size for a baby or child. The fabric is Apple Jack by Tim and Beck for Moda.

I love the variety of prints in this quilt. So many fun things to look at but not overwhelming. For the binding I chose the apple print. I like how the binding is just the right size to it show off.

I cannot tell you how much I adore the print on the back of this quilt. I may even like it better than the front. It's certainly interesting enough to make a whole-cloth quilt out of.

Here's a good shot of the spiral quilting. It took me a while but not as long as I expected. I only basted this one on Tuesday so not too bad. Like I said it was hard to capture but so fun to do! I think I learned a few things and want to try it a slightly different way on this quilt's twin. I'll let you know how it goes and if I have any tips and tricks.
I'm linking up with TGIFF, Finish It Up Friday, and Fabric Frenzy Friday.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for trying something new, Julie! I love spiral quilting and yours looks great! Such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks amazing Julie! You did really well. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice finish! The pattern looks like a fun one. Love the fabrics and your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and happy looking quilt, Julie! Congratulations on tackling the spiral quilting. It is a really fun technique and you have aced it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to do Spiral quilting. nice job with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed the spiral quilting!! Looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous fabrics and super effort with the spiral quilting! Well done, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!