Thursday, January 16, 2014

TGIFF: Small Finishes

Welcome to TGIFF!! I am so excited to be hosting TGIFF this week! It's a great linkup where fabulous people from all over the world come to show off their finishes. Speaking of finishes... I have three small ones this week to show you. I am so happy with how each of them has turned out.

First up... A triple zip pouch made from the fabulous tutorial found here. I have made several of these and just love them! They are so functional and cute to boot. This particular one is to hold my knook supplies. It's my latest hobby. You knit with a crochet hook. You can see my beginnings of a creation off to the left. The is my very first attempt and it looks so good! I assure you my regular knitting does not look this fabulous.

Here's another angle of the triple zip. I love to make the zippers match the accent piece and the lining that they open to.This is my first finish for the Q1 FAL (goal post here).

Here it is with my yarn tote that I made mid-December. It's fun to have a set like this.

Next up... I made a skirt for myself. I got these new boots for Christmas and while I adore them I didn't have a skirt I loved to match. So... enter my LQS. I bought some Wollies Flannel by Maywood. It looks and feels like Wool but isn't itchy and washes like cotton. BONUS! I got 1 5/8 yards and simply made a tube, hemmed, and added elastic to the top. Super easy and quick too!

My last project was the adorable crochet fire helmet for my little man. It was a test for my shop and is now available for custom orders. I adore making crochet hats and have many different styles available. Check it out if you have interest.
 Now it's your turn...

I'd love to see your finishes! Just link them up below then check out what everyone else has been up to. Be sure to leave comments - they brighten everyone's day! Also make sure you link back to this linkup somewhere in your post so everyone can get here as easily as we got to you.


20 comments:

  1. Awesome skirt! Great job. And thank you for hosting this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the zippers match up - definitely adds to the appeal of the cute pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always buy the fabric that matches the boots... hehe ;) gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, Julie. Love that firefighters hat -- so adorable. As is your munchkin wearing it! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Julie! Cute zippy pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three finishes look great! I really love the hat. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your pouch and tote. They make great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finishes Julie. I love the firefighters hat especially. Hope you get some great orders through your shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skirt looks awesome with your new boots! That firefighter had is seriously adorable!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection of finishes! Thanks for hosting the link party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dots!! So cute
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. those triple zip pouches look so much fun. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, Bright Triple -Zip! Thanks for hosting the party today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the skirt and the fireman hat. I think it is so funny that he goes to bed with it on. It goes great with his fireman quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fireman hat - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry I missed adding my link to you 'TGIFF' linky. How long do you keep it open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was open until about 4am EST this morning (Saturday). Sorry you missed it too.

      Delete
  17. Love your triple zip! I made one for a Christmas present then realized that i needed to make myself one too! Such a great little pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOve your triple zip, great choice in fabrics

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!