Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Order Up!

I had my first Etsy order this week and I'm so excited!! One of my high school friends ordered a hat for herself and one for her little boy. I was lightning fasting getting it done in about 24 hours from the time of the order. I also got some batting for my quilts to put in my shop and did a few blocks from my book quilt. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

Here are the hats from the order. I think they turned out so cute!

I just adore this sock monkey hat. I have done it so many times that I don't even have to look at the pattern.

I think the apple hat turned out better this time because I sewed the leaf to the stem and it made it stick up better.

Joann's had a batting sale. This 25 yard roll was $99. It's cotton and feels really nice too. It's not the brand I usually use but I've already cut some pieces out and it seems great.

Lastly, I worked on some of the book blocks for my sister-in-law's quilt. These are stacked on their sides and are oriented like they'd be in the quilt.
 This week I hope to baste and quilt a few small quilts. Work on some more book blocks and make one more crochet hat for a different order. I hope the baby cooperates! I'm also going to my local quilt show tomorrow! I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I like the book blocks quilt, I think it is going to be really cute. I also love the hats. Congrats on the orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hats - they are great. You are a speedy crocheter

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!