Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Pieces No More

I've made more progress on my Star Surround quilt. It's a good thing too because the grand prize linkup closes on Sunday! I have the centers and the surrounds all pieced together and the quilt is ready for assembly. I have eighty more seams (albeit some are quite long) until this is a queen-size  quilt. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

These are the centers of the blocks. I love these fancy stars and how they came out! All that trimming was so worth it now seeing the points all come together so well.

These are the surrounds. The corners at the top alternate and the pieces that look like the letter M go on the sides. I am loving how it is coming together and I'm so excited to get this one finished up.
I hope to assemble this over the next day or two since it has to be done by Sunday. I have so many fabulous things coming up! I can't wait to share them with you but I have to finish up this one first. Here's to another productive week!

UPDATE: My productive week is already off to a great start. I finished my Star Surround top. Go here to check it out.

7 comments:

  1. love the colors you chose, I can't wait to see all the finished star surrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love star blocks <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stars - they came out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fantastic productive week!! Great job on all of that piecing. It is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the star surrounds! That is going to look gorgeous once it's all put together!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!