Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Small Projects

I am focusing on a few small projects right now, well, and a quilt. since my little girl is two weeks old today and I have four other ones to care for it seemed like a good idea to stick with small achievable goals. I find myself sleeping more than crafting lately but I enjoy what little time I have to spend. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

 First I'll start with the finishes. I can't believe I even have any!

I made this triple zip pouch for my mom. This is my third attempt and I love it just as much as I did the other two. It was even more simple this time and I didn't even have to look at the directions for most of it.

Here's the front/zipped up view of it. I love her fabric choice for this, it's so fun!
 Also, remember this dress from this post...
I crocheted it and it was so fast and fun!

I got to put the baby in it for her first day of church. She looked fabulous and I adore her little bird legs sticking out the bottom.

The teach my mom to crochet mission went well again this week. We worked on self-folding crochet hot pads. I wrote a picture heavy tutorial here.




My quilt is going slowly but surely...
I got all the fabric cut out on Friday. I made a few HST in the top right corner but I haven't pressed or trimmed them yet. I have been spending most of my sewing time drawing the diagonal line on all the white fabric. There are 216 of them so it takes quite a chuck of time. I hope it will go fast after this step.
This week I hope to get at least some sewing done on my quilt. I also hope to make the tote that I cut out the fabric for on Friday. If I'm not feeling up to that I may just crochet some more hot pads or sew on my hexies, We'll see. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you get more done in your sleep than I get done when I'm focused! Lol! That little dress is super cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the newborn!You are probably quite wise doing small projects for now. Adorable crochet baby dress and cute zip pouch!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!