Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Progress and Planning

After a while of only dreaming of sewing and working on stuff I finally feel like I'm getting my groove back. I worked on my quilt this week and got the fabric for a two more! I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.

I'm working on the Star Surround Quilt-a-long with Melissa over at Happy Quilting. I seriously love her designs and am loving this quilt-a-long. I also recently won four of her patterns in a giveaway she had on her blog and I can't wait to try them out!! I finished making all the HST and flying geese for this quilt and now I just have to trim them and put the whole thing together. I was behind on each of the assignments but the finish linkup isn't due until September 15th so I think I can make it!

Check out these lovelies that I got in the mail today!! I've never bought a fat quarter bundle of Moda before because I could never afford or justify it but today was the day! This is Simply Color by V. and CO. for Moda and I'll be using it to make a double wedding ring. I was inspired by this Pinterest pin. I am so exciting and just can wait to get working on this one!

I won these DWR templates in a giveaway and they will make the quilt so much easier! I made one without the templates nearly three years ago and it's taken me this long to feel up to it again. My hubby and I will celebrate ten years of wedded bliss in April and I hope to have it finished by then. Well, I actually hope to have it finished by Dec. 1st so I can enter it into the NYC MOD quilters Double Wedding Ring quilt challenge!

Also this week I got these three charm packs. My sister is having a baby girl at the end of the year and I thought these High Street by Lily Ashbury for Moda would be perfect for her.

This is the pattern I'll be using for the High Street fabric. It is one of Melissa at Happy Quilting's quilt-a-longs. It's actually the original (you have to scroll to the bottom) and I'm excited to give it a try. Like I said I really love her stuff!
Now I'm off to press some HST while the baby is still napping. Hurray for progress!

4 comments:

  1. You lucky girl, you! I am going to have to come over and check out your winnings! :)
    I love the pattern for the baby quilt. Simple yet cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win. Well done. Love the fabrics for the double wedding ring. The baby quilt will be fab too. Thanks for sharing.Stopping by from Freshly Pieced Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much pretty going on! That double wedding ring is going to be spectacular! I totally might have to add one to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - lovely prizes. The charm packs and pattern will make a gorgeous baby quilt. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!