Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Sock Monkey Lovin'

I had a fun week sewing, crocheting, and scrapbooking all in one week!  I got so much done and had fun working on things for the baby. I'm putting up one crazy full post and linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

First I'll start with the sewing..

I used some giant ric rac a few weeks ago to accent a dress and I just loved it.  I have been wanting to play with it again so when I decided to make the baby a flannel blanket I was excited to throw in some ric rac. I got two yards of each fabric and 5 1/4 yards of the ric rac.

I did a double-sided blanket with giant ric rac around the edge and some rounded corners.  I'm dying of cuteness overload!

Here's a picture of the full blanket.  It's about 44" square.  It should be great for wrapping up the baby and for floor time.

With the leftover fabric I made four burp cloths. They are 12" by 22" and the perfect size!

To complete the set I also crocheted a sock monkey hat.  LOVE!  It is so cute together!

Here is a close up of the hat.  This is the third time I've made this one and I'm still in love with it. I found the pattern here. It isn't a free one but it is worth every penny for its cuteness.

I had planned on finishing this blanket this week but got distracted by the sock monkey cuteness and thus it is closer but not finished yet.  I made eight more rows for a total of 38 of 54.

Here's a detail shot.  I really love how this pattern is turning out and it is quite fast when I work on it.

I made huge progress on my eldest daughter's scrapbook this week too! Here's a group shot of the first ten layouts I made.

I really love how this one turned out with the cute flowers and her name up the side.

This Easter layout was fun to make too and I had to add the stamped Peeps. They're just adorable.

This next batch I finished up on Sunday. It took me to the end of August.

This is my favorite layout of the bunch.  The paper is CTMH and it's so cute! These were our family pictures for that year and the layout and the paper both show them off.
Phew! It was one crazy productive week for me! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!