Tuesday, May 28, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Julie vs. The To Do List

 I've been turning my to do list into a ta-done list. It's been a lot of fun this week with some smaller projects while I waited on fabric coming. I have four finishes and two starts to share today. Woohoo! I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.

First off - the finishes...
With the leftover fabric from my son's pirate quilt I whipped up this adorable baby quilt with charm squares and some straight line quilting. See the finish post here.

The same friend requested a sock monkey hat and I was so happy to oblige. This is the first I've made in boy colors and I love the blue and gray. I was unaware until I started that the gray was variegated but it seems to work anyway. My son told me to just tell her I meant for it to look like that.

I also make two triple zip pouches (tutorial found here). This is the first one. I used some Noteworthy by Sweetwater for Moda and I just love it! I was totally intimidated reading over the instructions but actually doing it all made sense and it came out pretty great. This now holds all my crochet things like hooks, a pair of scissors, needles, stitch markers, and other essentials all in one place. It's fabulous!

Here's a peek with the zippers open so you can see the lining. I had them match the accent pieces and I just love it! I want to take it everywhere with me and show it off!

Because it was so awesome I had to make another one. This fabric is from the collection Type by Julia Rothman for Windham fabrics. It's so cute! I saw this a while ago and loved it but didn't know what I'd use it for so I never bought some. I went shopping for the fat quarters to make these two pouches and my LQS had some and I had to snatch it up. As a side note I have no fat quarter stash, well, not entirely true, I won five in a giveaway. So, I have five fat quarters. Totally weak and needs to be rectified.

Seriously, so cute! This one will hold all my EPP supplies. I have the hexies and fabric all ready to go but haven't yet started. This should make it all easier and in one place.

Now for the starts or in the waiting game....

I just love this Star Wars fabric! My cousin pinned this quilt and I knew I had to make it for her. It looked so fun and easy with this as the backing and a little R2D2 on the front. I ordered this fabric here on Spoonflower it also comes in blue. I'd never used them before. They custom print fabric either from your own image or those people have shared publicly. Totally awesome and oh the possibilites! This one is in line after the pirate quilt.

After waiting and waiting the rest of the pirate fabric came in the mail today. You can see it all here along with the book open to the pattern I'm making. It's the marbles one from Simply Fat Quarters. I hope to get this cut tomorrow and start sewing it up this week! My little man was jumping for joy as he brought me the package he found on his way in from school.
Well, that's my fun week! I hope you had a good one too and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Those pouches are awesome! Love them. I've been wanting to make one of those, but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, what a fun surprise to see your triple-zip in the line-up at w.i.p. Wednesday! ;-) So glad you enjoyed them! If you're on flickr, I'd love to have you add them to my A Quilter's Table group or even the triple-zip along! ;-)
    Cute little baby quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Can I share pics of your triple-zips in a blog post for tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pouches Julie!
    I want to try them too in the summer! You have inspired me!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!