Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Sew Fun!

I'm finally feeling great with this pregnancy and getting SO much done!  I seem to have a million works in progress right now but I always try to work on one at a time so most of them have no progress.  I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.

I'll start with the most exciting work in progress...

We're having a girl baby!  I'm so excited!  We found out last Thursday and I already had a name lined up.  Ruby will join us the very end of July.

I made this super fun quilted and lined zipper pouch for the Nancy Drew blog hop I was in. I even wrote up a tutorial for it that can be found here. It was really fun and easy to make.

I volunteered my sewing abilities to be a pattern tester for Jenilyn over at Grits and Giggles.  I was so excited to work with one of her patterns and it was so fun and easy!  This is the fabric I picked up for it.  It's from Riley Blake's Fly a Kite line that came out last year along with some giant brown ricrac.

I can't show the finished product until she publishes the pattern but here's a fun little sneak peek of the corner.

My hubby has been diligently working on our home remodel projects lately.  In order to have him work better the four kids and I went to a friends house to play.  I took along the crocheted blanket I'm making for Ruby and it doubled in size while we were there.  I'm so excited it no longer looks like a scarf!!

I also am gearing up to make a quilt for baby Ruby.  I happen to have a bunch of Ruby by Bonnie and Camille for Moda and it's just perfect for a quilt for her!  A while ago a saw the All Framed Up quilt posted by Melissa from Happy Quilting on Moda Bake Shop and I knew I had to have it.  I am so excited to have a baby to make it for now I can't wait to get started!  I better hurry up and finish a few other projects first though.
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baby girl!!! I have 3 boys & only 1 little daughter & girls are so much fun to sew for:) love the Nancy drew clutch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I love the idea of using Ruby fabric to make a quilt for Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Ruby fabric collection, and how perfect for the baby quilt. Can't wait to see that finished product. I have to agree with Kate (above) girls are so much fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girl! How sweet! My baby girl just turned a year old, it goes by TOO fast! Your projects are all so cheerful and bright, they look like fun to work on right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And Ruby is such a sweet name!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!