Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tetris Quilt-A-Long - Week 2

 Hurray for Week 2 of the Tetris Quilt-A-Long hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting.  I couldn't wait to make the block again!  Even though I just got back from a camping trip and I'm still covered in dirt I had to sit down and get to work.  Without further ado here's my fun block...

I carried over the orange squares from Week 1 on the bottom then I went to building.  Sadly I couldn't make the last block fit but I like it this way.  I love the flat top for great future building.  The colors also seem pretty well balanced.

Here it is all sewn together.  I used the hedgehogs again from last week to finish them off.  I really like the way these fabrics play off each other.

Here are my two weeks put together.  Week one is on the bottom and week two on the top.

Check out other fun blocks over at the Tetris Quilt-A-Long post or at the flickr group.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have been thinking about the "carryover" and since all the blocks don't stack I am in a dilemma. I am thinking I might purposely have some stick to the side so that I can join the blocks next to it, too. What are planning? Truncating after 4? I have to peruse other blogs to see. I started a week late and am behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous :) I love the carry over :) And the hedgehogs, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great together! I had carryover from last week, too. I built my block to the right of week 1. The next will go above week 1. I like how carrying over makes the blocks flow together so well like a real game of tetris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great carryover...and so cool with the hedgehogs!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!