Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday: 4 Finishes!

 It's WIP Wednesday again!  I love how it keeps me on my toes and helps me celebrate my accomplishments.  This week I have four finishes!  Yup, you read that right, four!  Sure three of them are crochet things that were pretty fast but still.  I feel uber productive this week and even my sweet hubby has accomplished a lot on the home remodeling projects!  We have a ceiling in our dining room now where there once was just bare boards, than just insulation.  It looks a ton brighter and so much nicer.  Without further ado, here's my projects...

I made aviator hats for my boys.  See the full post here for pattern information and other fun details.  My oldest adores his and wears it every day to school where it was a battle to get him to wear a hat before.  Hurray for the crochet win!

I finished the cartwheel quilt and I just love it!  It's for snuggling on the couch and it's already gotten a lot of use.  See the full post here.

I made myself a scarf out of baby alpaca yarn.  It's so soft and yummy!  I used a woven pattern it's so thick!  It's a little shorter than some of my other scarfs but it gets the job done better than some of them combined.  I'm planning a tutorial for later this week on it.

I made a few rows of progress on my afghan but not much.  It's too big to be mistaken for a scarf now though and I like that.

I did another set of rows on my Christmas quilt this week.  I'm loving how it's turning out but sadly I wasn't being very careful with my seams and it's totally off!

Here you can see how the seams don't line up.  It's driving me crazy!  Now I have to unpick and try again.  I have no idea what happened because it lines up fine for the second half of the seam.  I must have been pulling on it or something and now I have to unpick, FAIL!

I bought some fabric to make my youngest girl a quilt for her bed.  She has a bunch of little blankets but we don't have one big enough to fit her twin size bed.  I know I could have just gone out and bought her one but this is more fun.  I love the Cape Ann fabric!  It took me a long time to decide what pattern to use.  I landed on Hexagon Park found at the Moda Bake Shop.  It's surprisingly easy looking for what you get and my little girl is in love.  Not that I've started yet.  It's still in the planning stages.

Not to be left out I got fabric to make my oldest girl a quilt as well.  She loved A Walk in the Woods as soon as she saw it and I couldn't resist these adorable fabrics either.  I'm going to do a Disappearing 9-Patch as found on Cluck Cluck Sew (seriously love her blog!).  I'm excited to get started but haven't done more than pick the pattern on this one either.

My friend of 17 years (I can't believe it's been that long Stef!) had a sweet baby girl.  I made her first baby girl a double-sided flannel blanket with matching burp cloths and she loves them.  I decided to make some for #2 and found this adorable butterfly fabric to match the purple butterfly theme they have going for her.  The backing fabric is purple even though it seems to skew blue on my camera it perfectly matches the dark purple butterflies on the other one.  I can't wait to get this one started either since it's going to be a quick finish but I have to do a lot of work around the house first.  Hopefully I'll have pictures to show of the finished product next week.
Head on over to Freshly Pieced and see other WIP Wednesday posts or link up your own!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!